While staying healthy is important for people of all ages, maintaining healthy eating habits and staying active are especially important for older people, which is important for preventing chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
By improving healthier living practices, seniors can maintain a healthy weight, avoid depression, and stay mentally fit. You can also get the best nutrition services for the elderly via https://pace-ri.org/.
Image Source: Google
Caring for the elderly needs to be aware of this healthy lifestyle and work to encourage and facilitate it.
There are nutrition plans specifically designed for seniors that focus on the types of foods important in preventing common diseases of seniors such as obesity and serious chronic diseases.
To eat healthy food:
Seniors can start a healthy lifestyle today:
• Do not skip meals: It is important to eat regularly to maintain normal metabolism and not to be tempted to eat high-fat foods at mealtime.
• Eat high-fiber foods: Eating foods such as whole-grain bread, nuts, vegetables, and fruits can reduce your susceptibility to diabetes and heart disease.
• Older people should change their diet to one that is lower in calories and fat, as the body's needs decrease with age.
• Calcium and vitamin D are essential for the nutrition and the maintenance of healthy bones. You can achieve this by consuming at least three servings of dairy products each day or by replacing them with soy and protein drinks.
• Older people have a harder time getting enough vitamin B12. For this reason, it is important to eat fortified cereals with this nutrient or take vitamin B12 supplements with meals.