Home » Posts tagged 'medicaid billing'
Tag Archives: medicaid billing
A skilled nursing facility is an in-patient rehabilitation and medical treatment center staffed with trained medical professionals. They provide the medically-necessary services of licensed nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech pathologists, and audiologists.
Skilled nursing facilities give patients round-the-clock assistance with healthcare. There are numerous federal regulations regarding what skilled nursing facilities can and cannot do.
Image Source: Google
A skilled nursing facility is an in-patient treatment and rehabilitation center featuring licensed nurses and other medical professionals.
These services can be very expensive but most skilled nursing facilities are covered, at least in part, by private health insurance or else Medicare or Medicaid.
Patients in a skilled nursing facility can be expected to remain there temporarily, in contrast to a more permanent nursing home setting.
Skilled Nursing Facility vs. Nursing Home
Typically, a skilled nursing facility is a temporary residence for patients undergoing medically-necessary rehabilitation treatment. A nursing home, on the other hand, is more often a permanent residence for people in need of custodial care 24/7.
Skilled Nursing Clinical Challenges That Can Be Solved
- Helping ensure optimal processes throughout your clinical operation
- Achieving compliance with governmental rules and regulations, as well as payer mandates
- Developing and deploying infection prevention and control strategies throughout your facility and in every facet of your organization
- Helping you configure, optimize and utilize your EHR solution to ensure efficiency, productivity, and profitability
- Recruiting and training for key clinical personnel
- Providing interim leadership support during times of transition